Citate din Leonard Cohen despre viata, poezie si dragoste
Leonard Cohen s-a stins din viata la varsta de 82 de ani, la scurt timp dupa ce si-a prevazut finalul intr-o scrisoare emotionanta catre muza lui, Marianne Ihlen.
Artistul a lasat in spate o mostenire de care poate profita o lume intreaga. El a stiut intotdeauna magia cuvintelor, atat in scrierile, cat si in versurile sale.
Va prezentam citatele noastre preferate ale cantaretului - vorbe de duh despre viata, poezie si dragoste:
- Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There’s a crack in everything, that’s how the light gets in.
- I think marriage is the hottest furnace of the spirit today. Much more difficult than solitude, much more challenging for people who want to work on themselves. It’s a situation in which there are no alibis, excruciating most of the time… but it’s only in this situation that any kind of work can be done.
- I wish I could say everything in one word. I hate all the things that can happen between the beginning of a sentence and the end.
- I don't consider myself a pessimist. I think of a pessimist as someone who is waiting for it to rain. And I feel soaked to the skin.
- We are not mad. We are human.We want to love, and someone must forgive us for the paths we take to love, for the paths are many and dark, and we are ardent and cruel in our journey.
- People used to say my music was too difficult or too obscure, and I never set out to be difficult or obscure. I just set out to write what I felt as honestly as I could, and I am delighted when other people feel a part of themselves in the music.
- May you be surrounded by friends and family, and if this is not your lot, may the blessings find you in your solitude.
- Avoid the flourish. Do not be afraid to be weak. Do not be ashamed to be tired. You look good when you’re tired. You look like you could go on forever. Now come into my arms. You are the image of my beauty .
- Never make a decision when you need to pee.
- You go your way
I'll go your way too.
- Act the way you’d like to be and soon you’ll be the way you act.
- My reputation as a ladies' man was a joke that caused me to laugh bitterly through the ten thousand nights I spent alone.
- Do not be a magician - be magic!
- Don't call yourself a secret
unless you mean to keep it.
- I am not the one who loved, it's love that chooses me. When hatred with it's package comes, you forbid delivery.
- It's hard to hold the hand of anyone who is reaching for the sky just to surrender.
- If you don’t become the ocean, you’ll be seasick everyday.
- Children show scars like medals. Lovers use them as secrets to reveal. A scar is what happens when the word is made flesh.
- I don't remember lighting this cigarette and I don't remember if I'm here alone or waiting for someone.
- He knew that hair couldn't feel; he kissed her hair.
- Friend, when you speak this carefully I know it is because you don't know what to say.
- As I grew older, I understood that instructions came with this voice. What were these instructions? The instructions were never to lament casually. And if one is to express the great inevitable defeat that awaits us all, it must be done within the strict confines of dignity and beauty.
- ... i didn't fall in love of course it's never up to you but she was walking back and forth and i was passing through
- You have to keep cracking yourself open or you become a parody of yourself.
- You who wish to conquer pain, you must learn what makes one kind.
- Do not believe the truth. The truth is tiny compared to what you have to do.
- As the mist leaves no scar
On the dark green hill
So my body leaves no scar
On you and never will.
- I found that things became a lot easier when I no longer expected to win. You abandon your masterpiece and sink into the real masterpiece.
- I'm afraid to live any place but in expectation. I'm no life-risk.
- It doesn't matter what you do because it's going to happen anyway.