15 citate din David Bowie care-i valideaza rolul de inovator al timpurilor sale
Legendarul artist David Bowie a murit la varsta de 69 de ani, asta dupa ce la final de noiembrie 2015 si-a lansat single-ul "★" (Black star), melodie care face parte de pe cel de-al 25-lea album al sau.
Artisti grafici din toata lumea i-au adus un omagiu cantaretului prin niste desene extraordinare, iar noi am recitit inca o data raspunsurile sale la intrebarile din celebrul chestionar al lui Proust.
Bowie a fost un artist complet si un inovator al timpurilor sale. A fost creativ, excentric, curajos si egoist cu munca lui, astfel incat rezultatul sa fie unul perfect.
Citatele de mai jos confirma spiritul sau liber si viziunea fantastica pe care a avut-o asupra vietii.
1. I always had a repulsive need to be something more than human. I felt very puny as a human. I thought, `Fuck that. I want to be a superhuman.`
2. I suppose for me as an artist it wasn’t always just about expressing my work; I really wanted more than anything else, to contribute in some way to the culture I was living in.
3. Make the best of every moment. We’re not evolving. We’re not going anywhere.
4. I was virtually trying anything. And I think I have done just about everything that it’s possible to do – except really dangerous things, like being an explorer. But anything that Western culture has to offer – I’ve put myself through it.
5. I’ve never responded well to entrenched negative thinking.
6. I think fame itself is not a rewarding thing. The most you can say is that it gets you a seat in restaurants.
7. The truth is of course is that there is no journey. We are arriving and departing all at the same time.
8. I don’t know where I’m going from here but I promise it won’t be boring.
9. I had to resign myself, many years ago, that I’m not too articulate when it comes to explaining how I feel about things. But my music does it for me, it really does. There, in the chords and melodies, is everything I want to say. The words just jolly it along. It’s always been my way of expressing what for me is inexpressible by any other means.
10. I think it all comes back to being very selfish as an artist. I mean, I really do just write and record what interests me and I do approach the stage shows in much the same way.
11. I’m an instant star. Just add water and stir.
12. Don’t you love the Oxford Dictionary? When I first read it, I thought it was a really really long poem about everything.
13. As an adolescent, I was painfully shy, withdrawn. I didn’t really have the nerve to sing my songs on stage, and nobody else was doing them. I decided to do them in disguise so that I didn’t have to actually go through the humiliation of going on stage and being myself. I continued designing characters with their own complete personalities and environments. I put them into interviews with me! Rather than be me — which must be incredibly boring to anyone — I’d take Ziggy in, or Aladdin Sane or The Thin White Duke. It was a very strange thing to do.
14. I reinvented my image so many times that I’m in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.
15. I don’t know where I’m going from here but I promise it won’t be boring.
Pe aceeasi tema:
- Artisti grafici din toata lumea i-au adus un omagiu cantaretului David Bowie prin niste desene extraordinare
- Legendarul artist David Bowie a murit la varsta de 69 de ani
- David Bowie si-a lansat single-ul "★" impreuna cu un scurtmetraj senzational
- Raspunsurile lui David Bowie la intrebarile din celebrul chestionar al lui Proust